Development of cost-effective silver alloy front-side paste for silicon solar cells
- Technology Inspired CRD – Advanced Materials 2 year project funded by the Technology Strategy Board
- Project partners: Johnson Matthey, University of Sheffield, Phoenix Scientific Industries
- Investigate silver alloys as cheaper alternatives to pure silver paste in PV applications.
- Maintain high conductivity, solderability, oxidation resistance
- Development of silver alloy powders
- Fabrication of screen printable paste with required characteristics
- Demonstration of 18% efficient PV cell manufactured using novel silver alloy