Development of Proof of Concept modules for Concentrator Photovoltaic receivers using innovative materials
- Technology Strategy Board 18 month research and development project
- Develop proof of concept low to medium concentration (up to 100X) CPV modules.
- Compare alternatives to industry standard materials aiming to improve production processes and module lifetime.
Solar Capture Technologies’ achievements
- Proof of concept modules have been reproducibly manufactured at low volume using improved techniques.
- Several novel materials compared to EVA as alternative encapsulants for CPV modules.
- 70 proof of concept concentrator modules installed as part of a contained ecosystem within a greenhouse in the Netherlands, gathering real time data.
- Presented results at the Photovoltaic Science Applications and Technology (PVSAT) conference and the European PV Solar Energy Conference and Exhibition (EU PVSEC)