20 percent efficiency on less than 100 µm thick industrially feasible c-Si solar cells
- Develop solar cells that are substantially thinner than the typical 180 µm.
- Compare alternatives to industry standard materials aiming to improve production processes and module lifetime.
- Produce solar cells with high efficiencies in the range of 20% light conversion rate into power.
- Optimize processes for transferral to a pilot production line aiming
at an efficiency of 19.5% on wafers of 100 µm thickness.
Solar Capture Technologies’ achievements
- Front contacts less than 50 µm (35 µm) wide were produced with gridline resistance of less than 0.3 Ω/cm (0.21 Ω/cm)
- A robust two-step Ni plating process electroplated with Cu was achieved resulting in line resistance < 0.3 Ω/cm and linewidth ~ 65 µm.
- A 100µm thick LGBC/LFC solar cell demonstrating increased IQE at longer wavelengths was demonstrated.